What is ‘In Sync’ Bible reading?
‘In Sync’ is a chance for many of us to read the same Bible book through a month together.
Download the latest guide
Why do we do this?
There are many possible advantages to reading together like this, including opportunities to:
- Begin Bible reading if we haven’t before.
- Encourage each other with our different understanding and focus.
- Read with others such as family or friends.
- Spur one another on with good reading habits.
- Discuss a whole Bible book when we often focus on detail in our times of study together.
‘I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways. I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word.’ (Psalm 119:16)
Questions to consider
Reading the Bible does not have to be an intellectual study. Anyone can read the Bible and by God’s grace understand it. The main thing is that we pray for God’s help as we read.
If you would like some questions to help you think over what you read then the Bible encourages us to ask questions such as the following:
1. What have I learnt about Jesus?
2. What does this teach me about humanity and myself?
3. What has most encouraged me from this book?
4. How does this teach me to love the Lord my God with all my heart, soul and mind? (Matt 22:37-40)
5. How does this teach me to love my neighbour as myself? (Matt 22:37-40)
6. Is there anything else I should learn here to be ‘equipped for every good work’ (2 Tim 3:17)
Older reading guides
Joshua & Judges: January 2014
Isaiah: February 2014
Psalms 1-50: March 2014
Matthew: April 2014
Corinthians: May 2014
Exodus: June 2014
1 Samuel: July/August 2014
Jeremiah: September 2014
Psalm 51-100: October 2014
Luke: November 2014
Gal, Eph, Phil, Col, 1 & 2 Thes: December 2014
2 Samuel: February 2015
Ezekiel: March 2015
Job: April 2015
John: May 2015
Hebrews: June 2015
Numbers: July 2015
1 Kings: August 2015
Hosea – Micah: September 2015
Wisdom Literature: October 2015
Acts: November 2015
General Epistles: December 2015
Deuteronomy: January 2016
2 Kings: February 2016
Nahum – Malachi: March 2016
Esther, Ruth, Lamentations and Daniel: April 2016
Ezra & Nehemiah: May 2016
1 Chronicles: June 2016
2 Chronicles: July 2016
1 & 2 Timothy, Titus and Philemon: August 2016 – no accompanying guide
Psalms 101-150: September 2016