Safeguarding at Carey – who’s who?
Paula Gibbs – Safeguarding Co-ordinator
- The preparation and implementation of a safeguarding policy and its review annually
- Ensuring safeguarding policies and procedures are followed
- Working with the Deputy Safeguarding-Co-ordinator and Safeguarding Elder when safeguarding concerns are raised
- Acting as an advocate on behalf of children and adults in need of protection.
- Arranging and making sure workers and leaders attend relevant training
- Keeping accurate records relating to safeguarding concerns.
- Regularly informing the Leadership on good practice issues
- Working in partnership with statutory and other agencies
Hannah Swanepel – Deputy Safeguarding Co-ordinator
- To cover in the absence of the safeguarding co-ordinator e.g. when on holiday,
- To provide administrative support to the Safeguarding Co-ordinator
- Manage any accusation against the co-ordinator or someone close to them making it inappropriate for them to deal with the issue
James Muldoon – Safeguarding Elder
- Providing a clear link between the Safeguarding-Co-ordinator and the Leadership.
- Working with the Safeguarding-Co-ordinator and Deputy Safeguarding-Co-ordinator when safeguarding concerns are raised
- Offering pastoral support to abuse victims in collaboration with others from the church and/or outside agencies
Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.